Friday, June 21, 2013

Building Update- Entry # 5

I do realize that I am a week late with my update. Am I the only
person in the world who feels that sometimes having a job interferes with real life?  That is what happened last week. Except the Blog IS work related, and I do work on it while AT work, but sometimes work related work gets in the way of
other work related work. Does that make sense? That being said, in order to keep the posts on a weekly layout, this post will be a building update for last week- ending June 14.

The process of framing the building began during the first part of the week.


June 11, 2013
June 11, 2013










The framing continued through the week. By Friday the upstairs storage area had been completed and they finished plating and detailing the frames. I was told that a total of 96,531 nails were used by the time the framing was done. That sounds like a high estimate to me, but what do I know about construction? I think our contractor is telling another "fish story". Although there are quite a bit of nails lying around on the concrete...maybe he included those in his count?
 
June 12, 2013
June 12, 2013
June 12, 2013





June 14, 2013


 


By Friday they had finished framing the walls in order to be ready for the trusses. Now the place is really starting to take shape. The picture below gives you a bit of an idea how it will look when it is complete.
June 14, 2013
 

TO BE CONTINUED....






No comments:

Post a Comment